Re: Problem during boot

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 05:59:36AM +0000, thomas poindessous wrote:
> I'm trying to install Hurd. I have downloaded hurd.deb, gnumach.deb,
> libc.deb and base_files.deb. After untarred all these files, I have booted
> with grub.
Are these the only debs that you installed? Get the latest cross-install and
other scripts from http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/ and make sure you have at
least the basic packages listed there.

> Gnumach booted and I have thie error:
> ext2.static : ../../libdiskfs/boot_start.c .... No such file or directory.

You need to either touch /servers/exec and boot again, or retry the
installation with the newest cross-install.

Marcus, I've seen this problem quite a few times lately. I know that
cross-install has a line that creates /servers/exec, but could there be a
problem, or people are just trying with old versions of the script?

Igor