Re: Hurd and the Alpha

Hi Greg,

Currently, the hurd only runs on the i386 family of processors.
If you would like to start a porting effort to the alpha, I would
suggest that you start port gnu mach.  If you get that running, then
you need a boot loader.  Again, grub is only for the i386 (at the moment,
plans are in progress for another release and then portability fixes).
Finally, you will need to port the rest of the hurd.  This should be
(relatively) easy.  The hurd has been written with portability in mind,
however, I am sure that there are a few 32isms present.

As for the source to the hurd (and gnu mach and grub) try:
http://www.gnu.org/software/devel.html

-Neal