Re: URLs for new developers 20000522

Jim Franklin <jfranklin@etworld.com> writes:

[snip]
> If anyone has any additional info urls please post them with a reply
> to this email and I'll incorporate them in the next "URLs for new
> developers".

You might find <http://members.xoom.com/mseaborn/comp/wishlist.html>
worth adding to your list -- I've listed various ideas I've had for
programs, including filesystem-related ideas, which are partly related
to the Hurd.  Maybe they'll inspire people to implement them for the
Hurd.

I am toying with the idea of implementing the Mach message-passing
interface under Unix in the summer, so that I can run the Hurd under
Linux.  Anyone have any idea of how feasible this is, and how slow it
would run? :-)

--
         Mark Seaborn
   - mseaborn@bigfoot.com - http://members.xoom.com/mseaborn/ -

   ``Everywhere there's lots of Klingons / With their ridged foreheads /
      You will find the bigger Klingons / Trying to shoot Kirk dead''