Re: Oskit.deb

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hirohito Higuchi" <hirohito@msi.biglobe.ne.jp>
To: <debian-hurd@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2000 3:08 AM
Subject: Oskit.deb

> Greeting
> Hello,all.
>
> I'd like to ask about oskit*.deb.
> Is there any differences between oskit-20000202.tar.gz from
http://www.cs.utah.edu
> and oskit_0.97.20000202.orig.tar.gz from http://www.debian.org?

Not particularly many -- there were a couple of patches incorporated back in
19991124-1 and -2, but those are now incorporated upstream. (See
http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/get-changelog?package=oskit)

> Particularly about ext2 file system(like sample kernel:fsread)?
> I'm trying build oskit-mach with compiling
> oskit-20000202.tar.gz (and oskit-20000505.tar.gz) but still I cannot.
> It doesn't recognize my disk and my partations(ie.With ext2fs No BSD
label) .
> Because When I asked in ML.Hurd-jp, some people seemed to use oskit-mach
but they using oskit*.deb ,not compiling oskit.tar.gz.

> As far as I download oskit*.diff, oskit*.diff doesn't have any
patches.......

Correct -- 20000202 is pretty much unchanged from the upstream.

As far as your problem goes -- what version of e2fstools did you use? Newer
versions of mke2fs include extra information that older versions of the ext2
code can't read (which includes the OSKit code, Linux 2.0, the HURD, etc.)

Let me know if you have any further questions,
Ed Boraas (OSKit Debian maintainer)