include files

i tried to compile something today on my Debian GNU/Hurd box and found that
i had all of about 3 files in my /usr/include.  not good :)

i've installed the libc 2.1.3 .deb, which i thought would have the include
files with it, but i guess not.  so is there a .deb with the standard
includes in it?  or are all glibc include packages created equal, and i can
just copy over /usr/include from my Linux box?

TIA

--
 /"\                                                 m i k e   b u r r e l l
 \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN                               mikpos@home.com