Re: rc

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 10:46:47PM +0100, Mo McKinlay wrote:

> I meant 'restart' as a stop/start - start would do an 'unpause'. That
> issue's moot now, though. A reload-config would be useful, giving us:
>
>  * Start
>  * Stop
>  * Restart
>  * Reload

This looks good. Debian has an even finer distinction:

   reload
          cause the configuration of the service to be reloaded without
          actually stopping and restarting the service,

   force-reload
          cause the configuration to be reloaded if the service supports
          this, otherwise restart the service.

However, we can always indentify your "reload" with Debian's "force-reload"
and ignore this difference.

Thanks,
Marcus