log based filesystems

To the brave,

If someone has the time I would be interested to know how realistic it is to
expect a log based filesystem for 0.3 HURD.  I have been analyzing Linux and
I believe one major deficiency is it's filesystem for the server
environment..  I usually manage IBM AIX at this point and their LVM and
journaled filesystems are good to work with.  I would love to see these
things in a Intel based computer.  Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks

Mark Kolb
Systems Engineer
Information Services, Network Management
Phone: (203) 789-3791
e-mail: mkolb@srhs.org