Re: GRUB 0.5.92 is released

  Dirk, send any mail about GNU GRUB to bug-grub@gnu.org instead of
debian-hurd. I will not tell anyone this any more, and I will not
reply any mail if you do ignore my advise.

From: Dirk Ritter <dirk@gnumatic.s.bawue.de>
Subject: Re: GRUB 0.5.92 is released
Date: Sat,  7 Aug 1999 03:37:37 +0200 (CEST)

> And it does not work on SCSI drives either - I tried it on my half
> IDE / half SCSI box with a floppy and a SCSI disk -- 'stage1_lba'
> just barfed "Error LBA" or something and the game was over.

  I'm not sure, but SCSI drives normally support LBA mode. So I
suspect that you just did something wrong. Please tell us what you did
in details.

> BTW - am I right if I suspect that floppy drives are something the
> stage2 emulator does not yet understand?

  No. In fact, I have been using the emulator to install GRUB into a
floppy disk when developing GRUB.

OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>           ^o-o^
http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji (in English)     m /