Re: does the HURD run on this hardware?

> > Alternatively, until dynamically loadable modules become available,
>
> If ever, probably never (for gnumach).

Why do you think that gnumach will never support modules? Is it a decision that
was taken by the gnumach development team? If so, why?
I don't think that it should be impossible to support modules and  the benefits
that  come with would probably far outweigh the disadvantages (added size to
the kernel, problems with autoprobing, ??? anything else?). This would
especially useful for an installation package where and extremely large kernel
would be hard to fit on a diskette. I'm sure there are other advantages to
supporting modules that anyone else can list.

Igor