Fwd: Re: Booting the Hurd on Adaptec AIC7850 fails

Subject: Re: Booting the Hurd on Adaptec AIC7850 fails
Date: 25 Aug 1999 12:50:32 -0000
From: "A. P. Garcia" <apg@execpc.com>

A friend of mine and myself had the same problem two days ago when
we tried to install the same tar on my system, which has an Adaptec
2940UW [7880].  So I suspect you're right that it's the aic7xxx
driver, which has also caused me a few headaches under Linux.  I
even voiced this hypothesis when our installation failed.

The only error information we wrote down was "kernel general protection
trap 13" - I was going to search through the archives before reporting it.

--
-David Rugge

http://www.mindspring.com/~davidrugge/index.html