Re: installation bug?

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 02:59:42AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann was heard to say:

> > > Yes, you should download it again.
> >
> > I did, and got the same file the second time, with the following md5sum:
> >
> > 92cf3d3e4bf1ea68763d658aca6c7350  base/dpkg_1.4.1.7.deb
>
> Mmh. This md5sum is correct.
>
> I did run dpkg --fsys-tarfile on it, and it succeeded.
>
> You may want to check your (native) dpkg and tar programs. Maybe there is an
> incompatibility. Also let me know from when your dpkg-hurd is (latest is
> from 1 Jun 1999).
>
> The problem is not in the deb package.
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus

  I just downloaded everything (scripts from www.debian.org, debs
from ftp1.us.debian.org) onto an up-to-date potato system, ran it, and had it
bomb in exactly the same way.  My md5 sum is also:

92cf3d3e4bf1ea68763d658aca6c7350  base/dpkg_1.4.1.7.deb

  Something funny is going on..

  Daniel

--
  The Disc, being flat, has no real horizon.  Any adventurous sailors who get
funny ideas from staring at eggs and oranges too long and set out for the