Re: Hurd Documentation

Hi.  I am working on Hurd documentation as well.  I will tell you what
I think, and you can decide how much you want to believe it.

First off, I am somewhat blocked by the fact that I need a copy of a
copyright disclaimer from my employer.  I expect to have this documentation
sometime next week or the week after.  Since you are your own employer,
this will not be a problem for you.

I am actually doing some
writing for the GRUB manual right now, but I hope to have that completed
in a week or so.  Okuji Yoshinori is working on improving the GRUB manual,
and, since he knows so much more about it than I do, I suspect my little
contribution will not be so useful there.  However, he has kindly asked
me to continue, so I will have a small part to finish, whether it is
used or not.

Then, I was going to start working on filling out the Reference Manual.
There are several places there which have FIXME, or WORKHERE, which
need to be filled out.  I was also going to try to add some tutorial or
explanatory information somewhere, perhaps in the reference manual, or
perhaps in some other manual.  Of course, I still have to learn enough
about the Hurd to write this stuff, so this will take a very long time.
I don't have any idea where the

Finally, I think there is probably enough difference between system
administration of a GNU/Linux system and a Hurd system that it would
be good to have a manual for system administrators.  I'm not sure
what the contents of this manual would be.  Someone would have to do
some research there.  However, I think there is definitely some reason
to think about this.  For example, the networking chapters in the
reference manual concerning networking are only skeletal.  There is
work enough for seven here.  Right now the logical place to put this
stuff is in the reference manual.  I'm not sure I believe that having
it all in one big manual is a good idea, but I don't have a better
proposal right now.