Re[2]: Easy Guide and scripts (was: Re: Problems with installing the Hurd

Hello Zsombor,

Just  FYI,  I have the same problem with the latest tarball (from Oct.
25).  Booting  into  single user mode and typing 'exit' runs multiuser
mode without problems.

GZ> The fix worked, the Hurd booted. I have done everything just as the idiot's
GZ> howto suggested (passwd, group file, etc). And I installed the "necessary"
GZ> packages via dselect/ftp. I had problems (???-s for libc6, was unable to install
GZ> Locale and BSDutils), but the biggest is, that the Hurd does not start in
GZ> multiuser mode.  It says that automatic boot is in progress and prints the time.
GZ> That is all.

Best regards,
 Roman                            mailto:roman@nstl.nnov.ru