Re: I'd like to know your thoughts about EROS

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 06:05:01PM +0100, Renaud Hebert wrote:
> While still in a early state, EROS is a microkernel OS which has some
> interesting possibilities :

EROS is a research project and is not in any usable stage.
On the contrary, we are developing a usable OS distribution here.

Unless you have some idea how the use of EROS code could improve the Debian
GNU/Hurd distribution, there is little we can say about EROS.

Sorry,
Marcus
PS: As the Hurd is based on a microkernel, there is a reason to discuss some
aspects of microkernels on this list. But in general this is not the
appropriate forum for microkernel design, and you will probably not find
many people interested in such a discussion here.