Re: Some newbie questions

"Rickie M." <rmart@postmaster.co.uk> writes:

> #2: I'd like to mount different filesystems other than ext2
> ones, such as BSD, msdos partitions and IDE CD-ROM
> drives. Which are the arguments I have to use in the command
> below?
>
> mount -t [filesystem type] /dev/hd0s1 /mnt

Each kind of file system is handled by a program in /hurd/.
Currently there are ext2fs, ftpfs, isofs, nfs and ufs.
There are also special-purpose file systems like firmlink and
hostmux.

> For msdos partitions, I've tried
> mount -t msdos /dev/hd0s1 /mnt
> with no success.

MS-DOS file systems aren't supported yet.

> #3: Capslock key doesn't function. In order to type MAKEDEV,
> for instance, I need to keep the Shift key pressed all the
> time... Any idea?

I'm looking at gnumach/i386/i386at/kd.c and it seems Caps Lock is
actually handled as Ctrl. ;-)  I can't test it right now, but if
that's the case, try adding "#define ORC" and recompiling.  If it
helps, submit a bug report.  (Anyone who *wants* to use Caps Lock
as Ctrl can just change the keymap at runtime.)

> How can I setup a ppp connection this way?

PPP is not supported.