Re: From GNU/Linux to GNU/Hurd

Jim Franklin wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang
> Here are some URLs to help you get started:
> [...]
> Have fun and welcome to the Hurd

I already had fun with the Hurd (more or less) some time ago as
I installed the 19990505-Snapshot on my "good" box (i586/166Mhz
:)) but I did not use a swap-partition for the Hurd and it was
*verry* unstable.

Now I want to replace the Debian GNU/Linux-system on my old
box with the Hurd but I don't know how to install it because
there is no room to create a second partition to extract the
tarball on.

I couldn't find anything related to this in the list-archive.

--
"... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was
that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successfull