Re: It works :-)

Hello Wolfgang,

Welcome.  I am just starting with the Hurd too.  You do not need to add a user.
Copy you group and passwd from Linux to Hurd.  If your home account is in
partition /home, just settrans it to your Hurd.  For example, and on my machine:

settrans  /home  /hurd/ext2fs  /dev/hd0s2

Just put the swap partition in the fstab.  There is vim, (which I do not use),
and also emacs.

See you soon,

Chris