RE: The Hurd and autoconf (Was problem making severboot)

> > I have had consistent trouble getting autoconf to work on the Hurd.
>
> I don't recall hearing about this before.

Marcus and I have both found that Autoconf is generally quite good at
identifying the Hurd now (if you use a recent version of it).

> > o I read through the autoconf script, and changed it so that it did
> >   not use precompiled include files.
>
> Say what now?

I think this means the M4 code, which might be compiled before use.
Autoconf/Automake installs itself in source form plus a precompiled
version.  Is this what you meant, Bill?  Otherwise, you sound like
a Microsoft user ;-)

-Brent