Re: Random idea:

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 03:23:12AM +0100, Dirk Ritter wrote:
> do you still feel that it
> is beneficial to offer such functionality inside core OS components
> such as file systems or exec servers? I doubt it.

If every user can start her own exec server with the features she wants,
it's not a core OS component anymore. It probably wouldn't be the system
default anyway, but the whole purpose of the Hurd is to make the default
core OS unimportant to the users.

Thanks,
Marcus

--
"The purpose of Free Software is Free Software.
The End and the Means are the same."  -- Craig Sanders

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>