Re: D-I Manual - String freeze / Call to update translations (deadline: Feb 10)

Esko Arajärvi wrote:
> We are already reviewing

That's great.

> and one question came up. Is the installer using UTF-8? In other words,
> is it safe to use for example proper quotation marks for Finnish?

Yes, it should be safe, except currently for the text version of the manual.
That currently uses ISO-8859-1 for most translations (including Finnish).

However, I guess we could/should possibly change that to UTF-8 by default
now. I think I'll just do that.

Cheers,
FJP