Re: l10n NMU campaign

Hello Christian,
On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 06:58:04AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Yes. A translation update round is part of the l10n NMU
> process. However, the packages that are currently targeted for NMU
> (http://i18n.debian.net/~thuriaux/l10n-nmu/nmu_bypackage.html) are
> indeed nearly always those that had a Smith review but no action by
> the maintainer.

> So, for these packages, all translations that usually come in for
> Smith reviews are already there. So, I'll make the update round *very*
> short or indeed I'll just skip it.

It would be great if you could still have at least a minimal round,
because sometimes someone promises to update/add the translations, but
fails to do so and it gets forgotten. For the German team I try to
track those translations, but still it would not hurt giving, lets
say, four days or so as a minimum.

> PS: you'll note that some QA changes are also included in such
> NMUs. This is the policy I also applied for the Etch l10n NMU
> campaign.

Yeah, thats fine and a good idea.

Greetings

          Helge