Re: ???D?G Re: IPv6 DNS server and tspc client setting

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 06:38:11PM +0800, kmlhk79-ipv6@yahoo.com.hk wrote:
> Dear Sir :
>
> Yes, your are correct , the www.hexago.om does not
> reply ping6 .
>
> By using traceroute6 , I found the sit ipv6.heago.com
> which did reply to my ping6.

There, so it's not your fault :)

> Thanks.
>
> 1. How the DNS can be resolved in Ipv6 if there
> > are no root DNS server in the Ipv6 Internet.
>
> Refer to your reply,
>
> Do you means that an DNS query starting by the IpV6
> host in the Ipv6 Interent which will be able to reach
> the Ipv4 root server than resolve it back .

I'm not sure I parse this phrase correctly. For clarity:

A DNS server can run on a IPv6 socket; clients can connect to
DNS-servers through IPv6. However, as there are no IPv6 root servers
currently, if you want to do that then at least one host in your network
will need both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address.

On the other hand, your clients can also use IPv4 to resolve IPv6 domain
names; you don't have to query a DNS server through IPv6 to be able to
resolv a domain name towards an IPv6 address.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond