Re: banning IP adds or /24 from http server

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 10:52:55PM +0000, Sibuyas wrote:
> how do I ban a list of IP adds (or an entire /24) from ever accessing
> my apache http server ?  i always thought /etc/hosts.deny can do this
> but i just discovered that i was wrong.
Apache is not linked against libwrap per default, but needs to be linked
against in order to work with tcpwrappers.

Check out the rule 'deny' in your apache configuration.

order deny,allow
allow from all
deny from 192.168.0.0/24

Should be sufficient for your needs.