Re: help with plugin versions and maven-debian-helper

Le 2023-02-09 19:39, Joe Nahmias a écrit :

Thanks for all your help. I think I managed to figure this out finally.
I've put my repo on salsa here:
https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/jackson-modules-java8

Anyone care to do a(n in-depth) review before I upload?

Great! Here is my review:

- Don't build the -java-doc package, that's useless
- The Maven wrapper should be removed (mwn* and .mvn/wrapper/*)
- I'd use the default gbp branch layout (master/upstream/pristine-tar)
  instead of the DEP 14 layout (debian/latest). Most Java packages
follow the gbp layout and it's important all packages remain consistent.
- Drop the +ds suffix
- debian/changelog doesn't close an ITP bug
- Why declaring a Provides field on virtual packages? That's unusual

The content of the binary package is perfect. Nice trick in debian/control
to reuse the same description, I didn't know that was possible.

Emmanuel Bourg