Re: Approached DouDouLinux developers

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:55 PM, Jean-Michel Philippe
<jean-michel.philippe@doudoulinux.org> wrote:
>> > Ok. Don't hesitate to ask me if the role of some packages is not very
>> > clear.
>>
>> There were quite some for LXDE that were customized for DouDouLinux, why?
>
> Mostly to customize the LXDE environment for our needs. For example in
> Lxpanel, I had to change the clock font size adjustment regarding to the
> panel height. I also fixed the sound volume button that was formerly
> acting on Master only, while we don't know whether speakers are
> connected to Master, to Master mono or to another volume control. In
> LxLauncher, I re-introduced the background image on the desktop, in
> Lxsession, convenient options for the command line, etc.

Allright.

>> Do you have any package to suggest for upload to Debian already?
>
> Of course. Packages with no risk of becoming obsolete tomorrow:
>
> dansguardian-squid
> doudoulinux-mouse
> doudoulinux-parentals

These seem to be pretty straight forward, no?

> laptop-hotkeys

What does this package do? I mean, specifically; I sort of get the
use case. :-)

> live-installer
> live-persistence
> liveusb-write

Maybe these can be prepended with doudoulinux-* also?

> lxlauncher-session

Seems straight forward. Are you the upstream for this?

> pianobooster

This is already in Wheezy. Are there any doudoulinux customizations?

> python-editobj2
> songwrite2

At a quick glance python-editobj2 and songwrite2 seem to be in Debian
already, but newer versions and under the names python-editobj and
songwrite.

> system-tools

Maybe doudoulinux-system-tools or doudoulinux-system-config are better
names. It is a bit generic with system-tools.

> tbo

Seems straight forward enough.

> Packages that are already obsolete or could become so in a near future,
> and then to be skipped:
>
> doudou-installer
> doudoulinux-l10n-xx as source packages
> doudoulinux-timezone