Re: Logout buttons no longer work

On Wednesday 04 February 2015 00:06:52 Brad Alexander wrote:

> > What exactly happens when you try to logout? Nothing happens?
>
> Nothing. The menu doesn't even come up when I click the logout button in
> the tray, and when I click the K button and click Leave -> Logout, nothing
> happens.

This happened to me for a while because something in KDE was not properly
updated (I get a lot of that becasue I pin KMail). It was accompanied by not
being able to configure new wifi networks (but still being able to use the old
ones) via the NM GUI. Then a couple of weeks later something updated and
networks, as well as logout/shutdown, started to work again.

I may have had to manually install systemd-sysv or remove systemd-shim or
something. It was more than 6 months ago, memory fails me.

Sleep and hibernate from KDE still don't work. "sudo pm-hibernate" works (but
when the system wakes up, the screen is not locked).

HTH,
	Shai.