Re: Logout buttons no longer work

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Shai Berger <shai@platonix.com> wrote:
I may have had to manually install systemd-sysv or remove systemd-shim or
something. It was more than 6 months ago, memory fails me.

That may have been it. I was trying my best to give systemd a fair shake, so I was listening to interviews, and decided to give it a full shot. When it was first introduced into Debian, I installed systemd-shim, not knowing that it was about to suffer from horrible mission creep. A couple of months ago, I replaced it on my laptop with systemd-sysv to try and give fairly evaluate it.

Unfortunately, I'm still underwhelmed. Underwhelmed enough that I have considered trying out pc-bsd...

But thanks for that. I may try to reinstall systemd-shim and see if I can break it worse. :)

Sleep and hibernate from KDE still don't work. "sudo pm-hibernate" works (but
when the system wakes up, the screen is not locked).

Sleep has always worked for me, but that may be because, since this is my work laptop, I have it autolock  after the screensaver kicks in anyway.

--b