[SOVED] Re: Bookworm: Juk 22.04.1 broken?

Jul 19, 2022, 08:53 by agoiza@gmail.com:

TLDR: poor interface + change of behavior in 22.04 + user error

Anyway, I've figured out what happened. When Juk starts for the first time (or after a crash) it opens the "Folder List" window that allows to specified the folders where one keeps his audio files and also the folders that should be excluded. The user's home folder (e.g, /home/luser ) is added by default as the folder to be searched for audio files and if one mistakenly clicks "OK" then Juk would start browsing through the home dir like crazy, adding all audio files it could find, almost hanging the system if one has a lot of files.

To prevent this, I would add my home dir to the list of folders to be excluded from search and then would add all audio folders manually and  that was working fine, until the version 22.04.

In 22.04, Juk allows to add a folder to be played but doesn't allow to load any files if they are located under one of the folders that are to be excluded. Of cause, no error message or any indication is given about what went wrong.

Thanks to everyone who responded.