Re: After upgrading to Debian Bookworm, Meta key activates Application Launcher

On Sat, 17 Jun 2023 09:11:22 +0200
Aurélien COUDERC wrote:

> Dear Andrej,
>
> Le samedi 17 juin 2023, 03:45:41 CEST Andrej Kacian a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > after I upgraded my system to Bookworm with newer KDE/Plasma, my Meta
> > (Windows) key started making the application launcher pop up. I had it
> > disabled before, although I do not remember how anymore. Now I can't
> > find a way to make it not do that again. In the settings for the
> > application launcher, the activation shortcut is unset.
> >
> > Any hints, please?
>
> Have a look at the official documentation [0].
>
> Basically you can run :
>     kwriteconfig5 --file ~/.config/kwinrc --group ModifierOnlyShortcuts --key Meta ""
>     qdbus org.kde.KWin /KWin reconfigure
>
> to revert to the previous behaviour.

Wow, thanks for a quick and helpful reply! The solution surprises me,
as this is the first time in over a decade of using KDE that I had to
edit a KDE configuration file - so far, everything I needed had a nice
GUI in systemsettings.

I guess this makes KDE on par with Windows, which needs a registry edit
in order to achieve the same thing. :)

> > It's very annoying.
>
> I find it quite handy. :)

I'm sure it is if it's part of your workflow, and it's great that KDE
added the feature! :)

Regards,
--
Andrej