[debian-knoppix] Re: Kernel panic

nikolaus klepp schrieb:
Am Donnerstag, 11. September 2003 21:36 schrieb Soeren D. Schulze:

nikolaus klepp schrieb:

But the RAM size isn't always the same.
How can that cause the same error?

However, I'll try that before asking stupid questions anymore.

if you succeed, please tell me, 'cause I didn't.

I've tested it, but without any success.

It only works with the boot options

hda=none

or

hda=noprobe

or with a completely removed hard disk.

hm, none of these work for me :-(

Hm, may I see the context of your error message?
This is the context for my (not exactly my, but that does not matter ...) computer:

hda: [description]
hdd: [description]
hda: hda1 [there's only one partition]
ataraid/d0:<1>Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual adress 0000000
[equal to your error message]

does this problem only occure on our 2 PCs?
nobody else has that problem?

No, I've also seen it on the Debian-User-German list.
But there it helped to remove the hard disk.

PS: On my computer also Windows XP runs, and it runs perfectly (as far as you can call that perfectly), that means it doesn't produce any bootup errors. But why is my hardware supposed to be broken although other OS run correctly?

Sören