Re: Cannot do HW installation

Am 30.05.2012 19:45, schrieb Klaus Knopper:
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 07:26:27PM +0200, Werner P. Schulz wrote:
>> Neither with Knoppix nor Knoppix64 I can do a HW installation; "0wn"
>> only shows me the progress bar without any activity.
>
> What does this mean? I'm trying to guess:
>
> You already configured target device and partitioning, and 0wn (the
> harddisk installer) is in progress copying over files from the
> compressed device to the formatted disk partition. Correct? What is the
> text on the progress bar that you mentioned?

Hello Klaus,

I have selected an empty 40GB partiton (reiserfs) on my Laptop and then
I get the progress bar, but nothing else happened over ten minutes.

>> '/tmp/0wn.log' tells me that '/tmp/0wndir.kY.....' is only readable,
>
> How does it tell you this?

I can read this log-file. And if I start "0wn" from the commandline
within a terminal, I get the same message.

I'll send you the logfile per email.

Greetings Werner