Re: Cannot do HW installation

Hello Werner,

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 08:32:59PM +0200, Werner P. Schulz wrote:
> Am 30.05.2012 19:45, schrieb Klaus Knopper:
> > On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 07:26:27PM +0200, Werner P. Schulz wrote:
> >> Neither with Knoppix nor Knoppix64 I can do a HW installation; "0wn"
> >> only shows me the progress bar without any activity.
> >
> > What does this mean? I'm trying to guess:
> >
> > You already configured target device and partitioning, and 0wn (the
> > harddisk installer) is in progress copying over files from the
> > compressed device to the formatted disk partition. Correct? What is the
> > text on the progress bar that you mentioned?
>
> Hello Klaus,
>
> I have selected an empty 40GB partiton (reiserfs) on my Laptop and then
> I get the progress bar, but nothing else happened over ten minutes.

Ok, that's what I thought.

> >> '/tmp/0wn.log' tells me that '/tmp/0wndir.kY.....' is only readable,
> >
> > How does it tell you this?
>
> I can read this log-file.

I know you can do this. ;-)

My question was rather targeted to wards getting the exact error
message. You already sent me the logfile, which helped me a lot, thanks,
now I at least know WHERE the problem is happening, though I don't know
yet WHY it happens. There is no apparent reason.

It seems that umount fails to umount the directory after having copied
the files, even that no process is blocking the directory.  While this
is a totally unexpected behavior which I cannot reproduce in my testing
scenarios, I'm trying a "known workaround" for similar problems that I
have seen in flash-knoppix, for the upcoming 7.0.2 release.

Regards
-Klaus