Re: manpages: Translation of + and *

Hello Jean-Philippe,
On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 12:46:04PM +0200, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> Le 26/03/2023 à 08:28, Helge Kreutzmann a écrit :
> > Hello Jean-Philippe,
> > On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 08:11:09AM +0200, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> > > Many thanks for this work. TO be honest I am unable to understand the bug
> > > (here ii is against ntop) and what you changed exactly in your commit
> > > related to this. Could you give me the log of your changes (diff) or point
> > > to the bug URL?
> >
> > This is related to the French translation of ascii(7) in manpages-fr
> > (and has nothing to do with ntop).
>
> oh... I think in my braille display 8 became / and so I did not enter the
> proper number. I understand better.

If there is anything we can do to help you see/feel this better,
please let us know.

And thanks for checking.

> oh... Could we remove this? It is probably a good thing sometimes (I wonder
> which ones although), but given the side-effects, should be removed. I could
> do but I am afraid to introduce bugs in the compendium

I will do so in a moment. And write back the update to all files.

The compendium is really good tool, but I have no experience at all
how the workflow performs on a braille display, especially how good
you can experience "git diff" calls.

If there is a way where you could feel this appropriately, I think
this would speed up the French translation effort quite a bit.

I'll leave at this now, please let me know if I should elaborate on
this.

Best greetings

            Helge