Debian on an IBM Thinkpad 570E

   Hi,

   I have an IBM Thinkpad 570E that I would like to install Debian
on.  I have tried installing 2.1 (from CD and floppy) and 2.2 (from
floppy) without success.  What happens is the following:

   I get the rescue disk "welcome screen" and I hit enter to boot.  It
does the

   Then the screen flickers and it reboots.

   What I would like to end up with is a dualboot linux/win2K.  Do I
have to go through the Win2K loader like with NT or can I use LILO
like with 95/98?

   -- Per.

   BTW, I asked for help with a Sony 505 about a month ago and I want
to thank everybody that answered.  The answer to my problem was
obvious but I never got around to trying it since the 505 was stolen.
Too flaky for me anyway...