RE: Debian on an IBM Thinkpad 570E

>    What I would like to end up with is a dualboot linux/win2K.  Do I
> have to go through the Win2K loader like with NT or can I use LILO
> like with 95/98?

To answer this section - I am dual-booting Linux and Win2K 'Professional' on
a Dell 7500 very successfully using a standard dual-boot LILO setup. The
only niggle for me is that on the Windows side, it thinks that Win98 is on
the machine as well (because I started the install from a Win98 boot disk)
and drops into the Win2K boot loader after LILO - but the Linux side works
perfectly.

Julian.