Re: PCMCIA oddities with 2.2.15 on TP 760ED

Well gang, I'm at a loss.  I just cannot make this thing work!  I've
recompiled the kernel and pcmcia-modules per the
/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs/debian/README file.  I built the packages
twice using make-kpkg once with serial support as a module and the
other with serial support compiled in.  I still keep getting the same
weird port assignment (at least I think it's weird) and chat continues
to fail saying it can't get terminal parameters and reports Input/Output
error.  I looked at the PCMCIA-HOWTO and found few clues.  Is there
another FM?

I guess tomorrow I shall try to get ppp to work with an external modem
and see if I can get kernel 2.2.14.  At least that worked in the past.

- Nate >>

--

 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good