Re: kernel 2.2.15 and pcmcia 3.1.8

On Fri, 09 Jun 2000, Charles Baker <Charles-Baker@utc.edu> wrote:

> Has anyone gotten this too work?  I downloaded the source packages.
> Configured my kernel, compiled with make-kpkg, compiled the modules
> w/ make-kpkg.  I got the unresolved symbols errors.  PCMCIA doesn't
> work.  Tried again w/ Configure script pointed to earlier on this
> list, it fails doesn't even compile the pcmcia stuff.  I can of
> course give more detail if it's required, I was just interested to
> see if it's working for anyone else.

I got that too.  The easier solution (IMHO) is to download
	pcmcia-source 3.1.14-1
and to compile from there.  The only error is then
	depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.15/pcmcia/epic_cb.o
which is probably no great deal for you.

You cn also disable the use of "version symbol" (or sthg alike) when
you compile the kernel (in the make config step).

Hope it helps,
ChriS