Re: ESS Maestro was RE: Toshiba Satellite 2590CDT and Linux

Jordan Howarth <jordan.howarth@cmis.csiro.au> writes:
>     olemd> a bit of size and weight I very much recommend it.  ATI Rage PRO LT
>     olemd> chip set, supported in latest XFree86. Sound card is ESS Maestro 2 -
>     olemd> beta support at best, but I can listen to my mp3s and that's really all
>     olemd> I need ;-)
>
> I just got Debian working on a Versa Note which also has a ESS Maestro sound
> card. I haven't tackled it yet but some clues from the horse's mouth would be
> nice.

The driver from http://www.4front-tech.com, with the optional Maestro
support (extra $), has been working reasonably well for me since
September.  (Before that there were clicking noises, but they finally
fixed that problem.)

Dan

--
Dan Christensen