Re: Tochiba Satellite 2590CDT and Linux

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 04:48:15PM +0100, Simon Ghent wrote:
> Personally I'd recommend getting one that can display at least 1024x768 on
> it's own screen - 800x600 is very limiting (unless you're doing text only).
>
> As for a better machine - we use HP and Compaq here. Some HP machines are
> very flimsy (3000), the Compaq ones are well built but expensive.
> personally I wouldn't buy either!
>
> cheers
> ~~
> simon

My experience with Compaq's are quite the opposite; they frequently fail for mysterious reasons (business models) and aren't all that solidly built, after all.  IBMs, Dells (Business Models) and Sonys are in my opinion the best laptops to get.

--
Marius Aamodt Eriksen
linux.com - tuneup section ( http://linux.com/tuneup )