Re: GVC-PCMCIA-EtherNet?

Tobias Bachmor <bachmor@cs.concordia.ca> writes:

> Hi there!
>
> I just bought an ACER TM512T and now I'm thinking about a 10/100MBit
> EtherNet-Card. My dealer can sell me a GVC 10/100MBit-Card for about 120CND
> which ist quite cheap.
>
> Has anyone outthere any experiences with these cards? Or any suggestions?

Just a suggestion:

Go to the dealer with your laptop with pcmcia configured and
running. Ask him to test the card and stick it in. If it beeps twice
wth a high pitch the card gets detected and started. Thats a good sign
that it will work (but no guranty). If you have a second notebook with
ethernet (a friends one maybe) you could also try a ping or floodping
or ftp download.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin