Time/date lost on Toshiba after reboot

going back usually to 1 Jan 1990 although sometimes other dates. As long
as I stay in Linux all is well; if I set the date correctly in DOS it
also stays correct even after complete shutdown and reboot.

If I set the date and time correctly in DOS and use loadlin to boot into
Linux the date is correct although the time isn't.

I suspect this may be something to do with the Toshiba BIOS because it
doesn't happen with my 486 desktop. Or could it be APM?

Anyone encountered anything similar?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux - Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: www.pentelikon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"It's no go the Yogi Man, it's no go Blavatsky." - Louis MacNeice