Re: Time/date lost on Toshiba after reboot

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> going back usually to 1 Jan 1990 although sometimes other dates. As long
> as I stay in Linux all is well; if I set the date correctly in DOS it
> also stays correct even after complete shutdown and reboot.

I don't even have to leave Linux to get this.  It happens
intermittently, with no discernable pattern, when I shut down, reboot,
or suspend the computer.  For reference, this is on a Toshiba Portege
7020CT.

> I suspect this may be something to do with the Toshiba BIOS because it
> doesn't happen with my 486 desktop. Or could it be APM?

I dunno.  This never happened on my Toshiba Satellite 205CDS.

						-sbigham