PCMCIA broken in Woody for 2.2.x kernels

pcmcia-cs is badly broken for Woody.  Network services won't restart
after upgrading.  Multiple configuration issues seem to be at stake.

For history, see:

The problems are multiple.  My fix was to back-pull configuration
information from Potato.

   - The driver is configured to load yenta_socket.  This is a 2.4
     kernel feature, not present in 2.2.  The current installation
     process doesn't properly distinguish between kernel versions and/or
     configure pcmcia properly.  Seems to me the proper way to do this
     is at pcmcia load time, as a system may run multiple kernels.
     Brian's (package maintainer) notes on the bug above indicate that
     this may be his intent.  It's not what he's packaged.

   - I also had to back-rev the specific driver for my card (Linksys
     NP100) from the configured driver:

	card "Linksys NP100 Network Everywhere Ethernet"
	  version "Network Everywhere", "*", "*", "AX88190"
	  # manfid 0x0149, 0xc1ab
	  bind "axnet_cs"

	# Added KMSelf Fri Feb 15 16:52:15 PST 2002
	card "Linksys NP100 Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet"
	  version "Network Everywhere", "Fast Ethernet 10/100 PC Card", "2.0", " "
	  # manfid 0x0149, 0xc1ab
	  bind "pcnet_cs"

Discussion on the bug report suggests that this may be a
versioning/dependencies problem.  The files required are in, e.g.:
pcmcia-modules-2.2.20_3.1.31-5k2_i386.deb contains the file.  I've got
3.1.22-0.2potatok4potato.5 installed, with no dependency conflicts
indicated.

The fact that this is a box upgraded from potato to woody is probably
also a factor.

Peace.