Re: modem on VAIO FX401

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 7:27 pm, Martin Rowe wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 February 2002 3:06 am, Denis Kulagin wrote:
[snip]

> > Take a look at http://www.mbsi.ca/hsflinux/
> >
> > NOTE: These drivers are for HSF, not HCF (controllerless) chipsets.
>
> Denis
>
> Excellent. These drivers get the modem in my Vaio SR21K working. I had
> assumed until now it was a winmodem, but it shows up with lspci as
> 	00:0a.0 Communication Controller: Conexant HSF 56k Data/Fax Modem
> 	(Mob WorldW SmartDAA) (rev 01)
> Now if I can only get ppp[1] working too...
>
> Regards, Martin
> [1] Compiled support in but pppd reports it isn't supported :-(
Turned out I was looking at a later version of /usr/src/linux/.config
tweaked for my desktop box :( When I *did* compile in ppp support the
modem worked fine.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net        /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open        \ /