Re: Siemens S55 gsm phone w/ usb connection... [IRDA blues]

[20030709] nikolaj erichsen (negon@negon.dk) wrote:

> Hi there

Hello

> I have a siemens me45 (similar to the s45) and have used irda with
> success, on the me45 you can turn irda on and off, I actually have made
> a voice command to do that, so that it only use the battery when it's
> needed.

So I guess IRDA is a nice option. However my jerky laptop
doesn't have irda built in. The only usb adapter I found in the
local stores is :

http://www.matweb-01.com/English/solutions-ir.htm

Does anyone know if this thing works with irda-usb module ?

btw. Have u tried lirc with irda ? I've built a serial receiver
for my desktop box and works like a charm so far. I'd like to be
able to use a remote control when watching movies off my laptop
(using my workplace's data projector :)

> I just miss a good syncronization tool that work with evolution, but
> thats another thing.

I'm a mutt+abook addict, so I guess no syncronization options
for me either... :D

--
Manolis Tzanidakis
(mtzanidakis-at-freemail-dot-gr)