Non-US & WA

Hi,

I did not see anything related on debian-legal, -www, -cd, -doc,
-policy
or -devel-announcement list archives, so I raise it here.

Could this force the Non-US archives to the remaining few
civilized
countries, like China or Israel?

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2171828,00.html
 At a meeting in Vienna Thursday, the 33 nations that have signed
the
 <A HREF="http://www.wassenaar.org/";>Wassenaar Arrangement</a> --
 a military policy forum limiting arms exports -- agreed to impose
 controls on the software that includes encryption using key
lengths
 of 64 bits or longer.

 a non binding recommendation only, each country decides how and
when
 to implement

 including for the first time mass market sw

 The new policy also reduced reporting and paperwork requirements
and
 specifically excluded from export controls products that used
 encryption to protect intellectual property -- such as movies
 or recordings sent over the Internet -- from illegal copying.

http://www.wassenaar.org/

(no need to cc me)

t.aa