Re: [URGENT] Logo license

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> I'm afraid I've let this linger way to long... People: we need
> logo licenses, and soon!
>
> I propose we start by determining what will be (dis)allowed in the
> licenses and then write it up properly.
>
> How about this for a simple start:
>
> `liberal license'
> =================
> I. Can be used by everyone
> II. May not be used to advertise non-free products

This seems more in keeping with our position of software freedom. I'm in
favor of this approach.

> `official license'
> ==================
> I. may only be used if:
>    a) the product it is used for is made using a documented procudere we
>       make (for example official CD-creation)
>    b) if we give approval for its use
>
> II. may be used if an official part of debian (decided using the rules
> in I) is part of the complete product, if it is made clear that only
> this part is officialy approved
>
> III. We reserve the right to revoke a license for a product, if (some
>   conditions here)

These conditions would make creating a "commercial" distribution, based on
Debian, almost totally impossible. I certainly wouldn't be able to use the
logo on any Debian products that I might distribute, and I would find that
disapointing.

Waiting is,

Dwarf