Re: [URGENT] Logo license

In message <[🔎] 19990226234840.B21327@azure.humbug.org.au>, Anthony Towns
<aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes

Hello, I'm not sure where this mail will go, but let's see what happens.

>This ought to be able to be *really* freely used -- to advertise Debian
>compatability for WordPerfect, to advertise printers and laptops that
>work with Debian, to advertise "hey, I think debian's cool", you name it.
This is a very good idea.

My next point isn't really a legal point. But there doesn't seem to be a
small logo for use on web pages which say 'Powered by Debian' like some
of the other distributions, at the moment I have the Debian penguin on
there and this probably contravenes the current licence. The gimp
contest has some good results for an official/liberal logo, but most of
the logos are portrait oblongs or squares and these look a bit messy on
web pages. Maybe a third logo could be produced?
--
Aron Fielder