Re: What does "free" means for a licence or a standard? (Was: Intent to package xmemos

<kysh@blackwolf.com> wrote:
> Has it occurred to anyone that the GPL isn't DFSG free? :> Not programs
> licensed under it, but the license itself, which cannot be modified or
> altered? :>

Of course the license can be altered.  It's not a creative work, it's
a license, and license text is not protected by copyright.  Maybe the
GPL doesn't like being altered, but it can't stop the alteration.
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."