  From: Peter S Galbraith <psg@debian.org>
  To: Olaf Kirch <okir@monad.swb.de>, Olaf Kirch <okir@caldera.de>
  cc: Peter S Galbraith <psg@debian.org>
  Subject: Packaging NAG for Debian GNU/Linux
  Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:50:01 -0500
  Sender: GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

  Hello,

  As far as I can tell, the NAG is not packaged for Debian
  GNU/Linux.  I am considering doing this since this book was very
  useful to me when I started using Linux (and many times since).
  Do you have objections to this?  I think the license is okay for
  this purpose.

  I think HTML docs would probably be best (for insertion of
  graphics and all that jazz).  In this case, I could start from
  your pre-assembled HTML tar file.  I could also start from your
  original sources in TeX.  In many ways, this would be best; Some
  low-bandwidth users who want postscript (for example) would have
  the TeX sources on Debian's source CD.

  I couldn't see an HTML target in the Makefile.  Do you make a
  texi file and then use texi2html?  If so, can you point me to the
  source of the `texify' program used in the Makefile?

  Thanks
  - --
  Peter Galbraith <psg@debian.org>